A home is usually the most valuable asset people own. Not insuring it is a major mistake and people often only realize this after an incident has occurred. The Craig Insurance Group offers coverage to homeowners in the greater Triangle area, including Raleigh, Durham, Cary and Chapel Hill. Residents in this area can rely on home insurance if and when disaster strikes.
What homeowners’ insurance covers
The value of a home does not lie just in the bricks, mortar, wood, and nails, but also in everything that is between them. That’s why our coverage insures much more than the physical structure of your dwelling. There is also coverage of:
- Personal belongings: Have expensive jewelry? A state-of-the-art entertainment center? A family heirloom? These belongings can be added to your policy.
- Personal injury: Homes can be rowdy places. Children play. Friends and family come over to visit. And accidents do happen. Make sure everyone who steps foot in your door is covered in your home insurance policy.
- Other structures: If you have an old barn, a pool house, a work shed, or any other kind of detached structure, these can also be added to a policy.
- “Loss of use:” This is a term referring to a period of time where you have to secure another living arrangement. If your house floods or there’s a fire, you do not want to just have the damage covered; you also need to have the funds to be able to rent another space until your home is restored to a liveable state.
Common causes of home insurance claims
It doesn’t take a lot of creativity to imagine situations where these areas of coverage are necessary. Some common issues include:
- Falling limbs or trees
- Storms (whether winter ice storms or hurricanes)